- Vegan Restaurant
- Vegan Cooking Class
- Equipment Rentals
- How to be a Responsible Tourist
- Regional History
- News & Events
- About Us
- Policies & Customer Relations
- Partners & Links
- Our Guests
- Contact us
Our My Son Culture Tour
Full day see & feel the ancient Champa Hindu temples at UNESCO My Son Sanctuary & other important Cham sights along the way. Options include cycling, kayaking & hiking
UNESCO Sanctuary My Son, a World Heritage Site, is approximately 40 km by road from Hoi An at the foothills of the Central Highlands. My Son was the spiritual capital of the Champa Kingdom and today is the most important Champa site in Vietnam.
- Pickup by private car at Guests hotel in Hoi An (latest 7.30 am)
- UNESCO My Son Sanctuary tour
- Lakeside My Son village Pagoda tour
- Lunch at My Son lakeside at 11.30 am (or when hungry) & rest. Packed vegan lunch & snacks provided by Karma Waters
- Tra Kieu Mound
- Bang An Tower
- Return by private car to Guest’s hotel in Hoi An before 3 pm
- Itinerary can be shortened on the day to Guests wishes
Full day tour 8 hours.
Suitable fitness levels
All ages of healthy and active people - this tour has comfortable walking. Suitable for the whole family.
We suggest early morning (e.g. 6 am) to arrive in My Son before most tourists arrive for more peace and quiet ! Hotel pickup at the latest 7.30 am (breakfast not included) and return by 3 pm.
Things to see and feel
My Son is a holy place of feelings, peace and quiet ! inhabited as working Hindu temples for more than 1,200 years My Son is a welcome retreat from any holiday to modern Vietnam !
The Champa's were influenced by the Hindus, later by the 10th Century by Arab Muslim traders and finally Christianity came through Hoi An to Vietnam by the 17th Century.
My Son is smaller and similar to Ankor Wat, Cambodia but was used longer as a working temple. Today there are no Champa holy people at these temples and there is no connection to the local community.
The backdrop to My Son temples surrounded by forested hills is the holy mountain Mahaparvata (shaped a like a cats tooth) symbolizing the Hindu God Shiva, from which run streams into the lake and onto the Thu Bon River (symbolizing the Goddess Ganga, the consort of Shiva) finally passing thru the commercial capital of Hoi An and running out into the ocean towards Cham Islands (Cu Lao Cham).
Arrival at My Son by approximately 8.00 am (My Son opens 6.30 am). Our vehicle takes us to within 100 m of the temples and towers (about 2 km from the main entrance).
Walking at a comfortable pace our Customers can walk around to see and feel upto three groups of ancient temple and tower ruins set amongst hills and streams. Today My Son has traces of 68 Champs temple and tower structures of which about 20 survive.
Everyday except Mondays there are traditional Champa shows (music starting at 9.45 am - finishing by about 10.00 am (included in entrance ticket price). The authenticity of these dances are questionable.
Bring floppy hat, sun block, rain coats and other protection against the elements are recommended according to season.
English speaking Tour Guide is leading on this tour.
Please email us your option request including:
- In 2007 we are the first to kayak on the quiet unspoilt lake at My Son which stretches about 3 km. Normally this is combined with a walk around My Son temples with packed lunch while kayaking on one of the lake's islands. Kayaking is best done during the monsoon season of cooler Autumn or Winter months of October through April when the lake is at its highest levels
- Cycling around My Son including mild offroad and onroad trips. Ideal for all seasons but best done during the cooler Autumn or Winter months of October through April
- Hiking tours from a few hours to a few days (staying overnight in My Son or Hoi An). Hiking is best done during the cooler Autumn or Winter months of October through April
Rate per person for 2013
Rate US$120/ person. Minimum 2 persons. Infants and young children free. Children until 12 years old 50% discount.
Book Now for online payment by PayPal (to "Tara"). For Refunds & Cancellation.
Gallery: UNESCO My Son Culture Tour